About Our Brazilian Gold Laminate
- Our Gold Laminated section is divided into 2 quality categories. Items labeled Gold Filled (BGF) have a durability life of over 1 year and items labeled Gold Overlay (BGO) have a durability life of up to one year.
- Our gold filled Chains are made with 5% of 18K Gold (5 grams per kilo) and 3% (3 grams) for the rest of the gold filled pieces.
- Gold overlay items are made with 1-2% gold content.
- The base of material is Brass (copper and zinc).The alliance of the gold content, base metal, and protective coating technology are what make the items last for a longer period of time.
- They are hypoallergenic and Nickel Free.
- You can shower with them but we don't recommend to use it in pools or Ocean.
Gold Filled Process:
1- Brass Base (30% zinc plus 70% copper).
2- Alkaline Copper.
3- Acid Copper.
5- Pre Gold (24K Gold to avoid oxidation).
6- Layer of 18K Gold.
7- Final color (to standardize all merchandise with the same color, we use about half a gram of gold per kilo of merchandise).